Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Loco Kind of Night

A few nights ago, it was decided that Chef, H1, and I would venture to Taco Loco in Laguna Beach for dinner.

I’ve been coming here since high school and I always, without fail, order the same exact thing.

Behold, the Blackened Mushroom & Tofu Burger:

Blackened Mushroom Tofu Burger 040411

We also decided to all share an order of the Calamari Nachos:

Calamari Nachos 040411

*Yum*

Side note: Watching Wipeout while trying to write a post is not smart.. That shit is distracting dude! But I digress.

I am a full blown meat eater (as I’m sure you’ve picked up on from previous posts), but I have ALWAYS ordered the Blackened Mushroom & Tofu Burger, it’s THAT good. Whole wheat bun, mustard, mayo, ketchup (sounds weird, but it really works!), shredded lettuce, guacamole, spicy sauce, and mushrooms  and tofu seasoned with Cajun spices. This burger comes with a side of tortilla chips which is also topped with spicy sauce. Every flavor and texture in this burger works together so well it’s honestly surprising. Who would think that mixing mayo, mustard, ketchup, guacamole, and spicy sauce would actually work?! It does my friends, it does.

The Calamari nachos are yummy too! The squid isn’t fried, per se. It is made with strips of Calamari steak which are lightly breaded (very lightly) and pan seared. The rest is pretty standard, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, spicy sauce, and of course the chips. It’s Dee-lish.

/Swallow them!

- Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment