Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hi, my name is Dee and I’m addicted to Sushi.

Okay, so maybe it’s not a real addiction, but I could honestly eat Sushi every single day for the rest of my life – if I could afford it.

We all know Sushi can be expensive.. and I’m not even close to wealthy, well-off, rich, or financially comfortable... YET. So, when I can’t afford to go to Yoshi’s, Maru, or Hapi Sushi (this is where I go to treat myself) I venture over to Minato Sushi in Lake Forest. Minato is the best place to go for inexpensive yet decent quality all you can eat Sushi. Just $24.95 for AYCE Dinner, and $18.95 for AYCE Lunch.

Minato - Mexican Roll 040911
Mexican Roll – California Roll topped with spicy mayo and Sriracha.

Minato - Philadelphia Roll 040911
Philadelphia Roll – Salmon and cream cheese.

Minato - Salmon Sushi 2 040911
Salmon Sushi – One of my fave’s.

Minato - TNT Roll 040911
TNT Roll – Tuna Tataki on top of spicy tuna roll.

Minato Albacore Sushi 1 040911
Albacore Sushi – Hands down my favorite thing to order here, it’s so tender it practically melts in your mouth, and they top it with Garlic Ponzu and a green onion garnish. The peppery seared albacore with the citrus savory sauce is a perfect blend of flavors, you can’t help but order more and more and more.

Minato - Hamachi Special 2 040911
This was a nice little treat the owner/chef James made for me. Hamachi (Yellowtail) Sushi, all dressed up.

*All orders are full size (8pcs for rolls, 2pcs for sushi) I just kept forgetting to take a pic before my inner fatty could come out and eat half the plate.. I’m tellin’ ya, I’ve got a problem!*

Minato - Green Tea Ice Cream 2 040911
Green Tea Ice Cream is included in AYCE.

Minato - Cucumber Slushy 1 040911
Wrap it all up with a Cucumber Slushy. I think it’s cucumber juice with lemon-lime soda and perfectly slushed ice. It’s super refreshing!

Chef/Owner James is awesome, as well as his other chef Young, they’re both funny, they’ll drink with you, talk to you, and make you special orders without having to ask for them, they both make the place an all around blast.

When you’re on a budget and want some decent Sushi and a good time go to Minato and.. wait for it..

/Swallow It!!

- Dee

PS - Have you ever gotten ice out of your ice maker and it tastes like Garlicy Sadness and Death?? Wtf is up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment