Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Swallowed Mediterranean!

Pita Pita Café in Lake Forest is a new little quick-service spot offering delicious Mediterranean flavors. I like to frequent it at least a couple of times a month. Once you try it, this place will have you craving it.

Now you should know, I’m a devoted lamb girl when it comes to Greek/Mediterranean. So my default order is always, without fail, the Full Size Lamb Pita Combination.

Pita Pita Lamb Pita Combination 2 041811

You get a choice of two sides with any combination, I had the Cheese Pie (for an extra charge), and some Tubbouleh. The Cheese pie is a warm, soft, fluffy dough filled with Mediterranean cheeses that will have your mouth singing with Dee-light and for those of you less informed on what Tabbouleh might be.. Tabbouleh is a refreshing salad comprised of very finely chopped parsley, mint, tomato, onion, and bulgur tossed together with lemon juice and olive oil. It’s a great blend of textures and flavors.

The lamb pita has grilled lamb, shredded lettuce, tomato, Mediterranean pickle, and Tzatziki sauce all stuffed into a piece of fresh out of the brick oven pita bread... That’s not all though, I SWEAR there’s garlic crack in it. It is flat out tasty!! The lamb is cooked perfectly too – tender, juicy, and super flavorful.

The service here is great too.. most of the time. I’ve only encountered one visit when I left empty handed and disappointed. The time was 8:03pm, to my defense this was only my second time in so I had no idea what the hours were. There were customers inside eating, ordering, and the door was open. So I entered, and was very quickly turned away as they, “closed at 8pm.” I was in the process of asking if I could just grab an order to go when I was interrupted and reminded yet again that they were closed. Ever get the urge to just yell, “BITE MY ASS!!!” at someone? I sure did, but held back, because in all fairness.. they closed at 8. (but those guys can still bite my ass HARD for their attitude about it)

Anyway, I gave it another try a few weeks later and was happy yet again. So my advice to you - check the hours before you enter, or you might just find yourself requesting that a chunk be taken out of your ass orally, and not in a good way.

/Swallow It

- Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment