Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Dee-Licious “BELT” with a side of Don’t Thai This!

This fine Tuesday morning I ventured into the office café, today was a breakfast sandwich day. I ordered a Chef JJ specialty.. what I’m told is called the “BELT.” Now.. I’ve decided to boycott the name, but that’s neither here nor there. (I think it’s a BLEACT) Check this out.

BLEACT 032911

Now really... Tell me that isn’t a thing of pure beauty. It is hands down Dee-Licious! (Like what I did there? That’s right..) This BLEACT -as it shall henceforth be known- consists of Bacon, Lettuce, Egg, Avocado, Cheese, and Tomato. Every flavor came through individually yet blended together soooo nicely. I added the sliced bananas, because who doesn’t like swallowing some banana in the morning? ...get your mind out of the gutter.

/Swallow It!!! Over and over again!
Winking smile
***

I saw this mid-day in our shipping department and just got way too excited not to share it. Embrace your inner fat kids people!!

     Fatboy

***

Dinner -
My Chef and I decided to eat at the local Thai restaurant, Tasty Thai. He ordered his favorite, the Green Curry with Tofu and Brown Rice and I decided to try something new, the Crying Tiger (isn’t that a snazzy name). We’ve been eating at this restaurant since we moved to this area 6 years ago and it’s always been tasty. Ha! Did it again!

This time however, not so much. Observe, the Crying Tiger – Grilled beef on a bed of lettuce, cilantro, and “house sauce” with a side of rice.

Crying Tiger 1
Crying Tiger 2

Looks good, right? Don’t be fooled, here’s what happens after you get through the top few pieces of beef.. I’ll admit, this is a smart tactic, hide the shitty part of the meal under the good part.

Dry Ass Tiger

Yes my darlings, that is dry ass over-cooked meat. Not okay, but wait! There’s more!!!

Fat Ass Crying Tiger 1

That would be pure fat. You know... “Trim the fat” isn’t just a saying!!! I’ve also chosen to rename this meal the Fat Ass Drying Tiger.

To add to it, the waitress said “please” after every single line. LITERALLY. “Would you like a drink, please?” “How is everything, please?” “Here is your drink, please.” “Thank you for coming, please.” ...Are you effing kidding me?! It was awkward at first, then funny, then annoying, then I was completely done with it. Honestly, what. the. hell.

/Spit it Out, Please.

***

PS - I went to the Apple Store this evening, and spammed the macbooks and iPads with my blog page. LOL! Spread the word! I'm taking over the world one swallow at a time.

-Dee

2 comments:

  1. If you want a very nice Crying Tiger, more meat, less salad, go to a place in Lake Forest called "Spice Thai".

    Not to be confused with the ubiquitous and mediocre fast food chain "Thai Spice".

    Give the ESL kids a break, though, please. They're just tying to be polite. I've heard that usage of please before in Indian restaurants, never at a Thai place.

    Keep writing, please. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pagnus!!

    I definitely needed suggestions for a new place to try, one Spice Thai review coming up!

    I totally get the politeness attempts, really I do, but... well like I said, I'm brutally honest and I can only deal with about 4 inappropriate pleases before my inner fat kid swallows the waitress just to get her to stop. So you see, it was a matter of life and death, I got out of there just in time. ;)

    Thanks for following! -Dee

    ReplyDelete